Advantages of Installing Safety Nets NZ Fall Protection Systems on Your Current Job
Whatever the size of your construction project – from large commercial site to a brand new residential home build, safety is a number one consideration. Building site health and safety standards and ensuring you keep your employees safe, apart from being a priority, also reduces the risk of increased site overheads through work stoppages, sick leave and loss of staff.
Safety at heights is also one of the fundamental concerns of WorkSafe NZ. The safety fall arrest systems offered by Safety Nets NZ addresses these concerns.
Hazard management of your safety net installation
There is a universal method of hazard management of heights. It follows a hierarchy of alternatives to manage these hazards. The levels are identified as follows:
- Remove the hazard (do work an alternative way)
- Guard hazard (use edge protections, like scaffold)
- Guard workers (introduce personal protective equipment systems)
- Mitigate impact of hazard realisation. (fall arrest)
On their introduction to the UK market, safety nets were often considered to be a category 4 solution, but with the introduction of flat installation lightweight nets, it has been generally accepted that netting can now be considered a level 2 solution of collective protection.
This means that:
- Nets can be installed so close to the work level it prevents the kind of fall likely to cause injury.
- Nets offer a collective form of protection which is deemed an improvement on harnesses or lanyards.
Numerous advantages of installing Safety Nets NZ's fall protection systems include:-
- Reduce potential falls and minimize incident effects.
- Provide collective passive safety (no reliance on worker action – e.g.: securing harness)
- Provide worker reassurance by fitting the fall nets as close as possible to working level
- Allow a broad range of activity to continue working with minimum restriction.
- Permit greater mobility for persons working above nets.
- Reduce crane times and costs.
- Speed up installation of roof structure which leads to earlier water-tightness and building close-in
- Be used in conjunction with normal scaffolding.
- Reduce costs compared to other fall protection systems.
Our team of rigging supervisors and installers are FASET trained and certified.
Too many advantages to speak of...
If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact any one of our local centers direct or contact: