Are fall bags really cheaper?
YOU MAY WELL HAVE BEEN APPROACHED BY COMPANIES PROMOTING USE OF FALL ARREST BAGS AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO SAFETY NETS AND OFFERING, WHAT APPEARS TO BE AT FIRST GLANCE, A CHEAPER INTERNAL SOFT FALL PROTECTION SOLUTION, BUT IS IT REALLY CHEAPER?
Consider the following additional “hidden” costs that they don’t tell you about :
- Bags just dropped off to site. You have to relocate them into position – lost production time
- You have to secure bags in position – lost production time
- You have to ensure that bags are adequately inflated – lost production time
- You have to move bags around to suit where you are working – lost production time
- You cannot walk around freely in building whilst bags are in place – lost production time
- You have to collect bags together and stack them ready for collection when you have finished with them – lost production time
- By installing the bags, you take the risk for the system satisfying requirements of Health and Safety at Work Act/Worksafe NZ requirements – increased risk profile
By using Safety Nets NZ Limited as your preferred installer of internal soft fall protection systems, you are assured that we will do all the work for you. We supply, install, certify and handover and then remove nets upon completion of your works, all at times to suit your requirements .
You don’t have to do anything other than make a phone call/send a text. You don’t need to worry about anything, which leaves you free to do what you do best – build the house.
So next time you are approached with a “cheaper” alternative, just ask yourself...
”is it really cheaper ?”
“do I want to take on risk of establishing my own fall protection system?"
Until next time – take care
Craig J Daly
With best regards.